Wickets is a simple and fun warm-up activity. It is primarily used for younger players, but can also be used for any age group.
- Designate a playing area with cones.
- You can also use the 18 yard box.
- Half of the players hold a ball in their hands and spread their legs to form a “wicket”. They should spread out around the area.
- The other half of the players each have a ball. They need to dribble around the area and pass the ball through the numerous wickets.
- Each successful pass through a wicket is one point. Players should keep count of their points.
- After 1 minute, have players switch roles.
- Make sure players keep their heads up and the ball close while dribbling.
- Challenge players to beat their previous score.
- See who has the highest score and challenge all players to beat that score.